FIVS is currently pursuing strategic initiatives that further industry objectives based on areas of common interest among its members. The main areas of activity are detailed below.
- FIVS-Abridge is an online database of international regulations and agreements covering major topics and markets in the wine industry.
- FIVS-Assure is a database that provides instructive examples of social aspects programs in the alcohol beverage industry.
- FIVS-Foresee is an initiative in the area of sustainability and offers members essential resources to plan and implement sustainable development programs for their own organisations and companies.
- FIVS is systematically reviewing and suggesting alternative labeling mechanisms to statements made in word form, such as pictograms.
- Harmonised System Chapter 22 is a long-term project that advocates the adoption of sound approaches in customs classifications of alcohol beverage products.
Contribution to National Economies
- FIVS members have undertaken studies to assess the economic impacts of national alcohol beverage industries.